Monday, November 19, 2007

Words

Where have my words gone?
I haven't posted in about 2-3 weeks. It is not that I have nothing to talk about - so much is going on but its mainly personal and I feel I will bore you with the details of my life while you are trying to live your life. I have tried to think of profound things, I mean I am in Seminary... but the words all seem ordinary. I think it's that I have lost the ability to actually name how I am feeling and what's really going on. I think its because I am not sure. Life has been a blur, its all of a sudden Monday and Friday in an instance. School is ... well it's the end of the semester - need I say more and the holidays are coming up which always conjures up a tornado of feelings.

This year will be a new way of thinking and being since I have to share my traditions, time, and space with an entirely new family (like having 3 sets of parents wasn't enough). It will not be as it always has been... it will be different and I am trying to find the joy and beauty in that but it's hard. However, I am excited about traditions Michael and I can start together. It's kind of like a family do-over I am finding out when you now have a family of my own (Michael and I but it's still a family). We've already decided to watch all our favorite Christmas Cartoons after Church on Christmas Eve and drink hot chocolate and just lay on the couch.

If you have any great things you did as a newlywed on your first Christmas - I'd love to hear them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the Christmas traditions we started when we first got married was to decorate our tree/apartment together, while drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music. We also string popcorn and cranberries to put on our tree.

Corinne "soon-to-be-Mather" said...

Hey Girl, so totally off-topic from your actual post, but I miss you a whole lot! Sorry I didn't make it in over thanksgiving to see y'all, but then again...Josh and I will be back in the STL in a few weeks before HAWAII! Love you!