Monday, August 11, 2008

Tales from Beyond the Stirrups

Wanted to let you know that I got the results from the biopsy I had on Monday. My doctor called me yesterday and said that it’s back and this time instead of it being low-grade dysplasia it’s mild. She doesn’t want to do the LEEP procedure to cut on the cervix and remove the cells because at this point it will eliminate my chances for getting pregnant. So at this point we’re doing a lesser procedure called the ECC in October… but at this point …pregnancy is going to be harder than I want. And when I get pregnant I will be a HIGH risk for miscarriages….I am just sick of being sick…ya know.

I have an ECC procedure planned for October. It’s just a waiting game at this point….I am just trying to trust the Lord and his goodness to prevail in this situation. I am mad, scared, frustrated ….but Michael and I trying to be hopeful. Pray ….pray for healing… pray for babies (someday).

For those of you who aren't familiar with these kind of procedures here's some info (and a graphic picture so beware) Types of cervical biopsies include:

Punch Biopsy: A surgical procedure to remove a small piece of tissue from the cervix. One or more punch biopsies may be performed on different areas of the cervix.

Cone Biopsy or Conization: A surgical procedure that uses a laser or scalpel to remove a large cone-shaped piece of tissue from the cervix.

Endocervical Curettage (ECC): A surgical procedure in which a narrow instrument called a curette is used to scrape the lining of the endocervical canal, an area that cannot be seen from the outside of the cervix.


Other related procedures that may be used to help diagnose and treat abnormal or cancerous cervical cells include loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP), colposcopy, and Pap test.

1 comment:

The Lovealls said...

Praying for you and your future children!