Monday, May 11, 2009

Getting Ready

Thanks to my very dear friend and new mom, Emily, I registered at Babies R Us. I would still be there today rocking in a corner confused and bewildered without her help. It is so overwhelming. Who knew new moms need 5 options of every item in the store - and who can keep track of which one is better.


Emily was wonderful - thanks Em. She took me aisle by aisle and got me totally set up. But I thought I would share with you my favorite part...not that bottles and diaper bags are exciting but - here is what our nursery will be decorated in.

We've joked the whole pregnancy that I am going to be having a monkey due to the horrible heart burn. Based on the old wives tale that if you have heartburn you'll have a baby with hair...and we think he'll be covered in it. And aslo, Michael is obsessed with one day having a monkey that will bring him things, like the remote, and scratch his back.


I think we will do the walls in a camel color, he has cream carpet in his room and we're doing expresso colored furniture. I am even using the dresser that my papa made me and I had in my room when I was little. I just have to stain it darker and it will be ready to go. My favorite part is the adhesive stickers...I love the idea of having the wall decorations without having a wallpaper border. It just makes it so much easier.


We still don't have a name....I guess we'll have one by September. I have already warned Michael that we cannot take him home without a name.


I hope all is well with you tonight. I have a lot of friends graduating at the end of this week. You are in my prayers as you finish up last minute papers, finals and projects. I hope you enjoy your last days at Covenant. And selfishly....I wish I was graduating with you. I've completed my 4th year and feel like it should be ending soon.... but I have 2 more years to go. UGH! One day I'll walk across that stage and it will be worth it and I'll walk across the stage with a husband and a son richer since I started this crazy ride called Seminary. That day will be so sweet.

3 comments:

Conner said...

LOVE IT!!!

The Lovealls said...

Glad I could help! Looking forward to meeting your little monkey! :)

Alicia Bradley said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!

Missed hearing about your life!

Love the monkey pattern! How fun!