Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The forecast calls for SHOWERS....

I have the most wonderful family and friends. I was blessed with five showers.

The first was a surprise shower. We were told that my small group was having a game night in place of our regularly scheduled bible study. I am always on time....however, being pregnant and having to walk down 7 houses to my small group meeting place meant we were taking our time eating dinner and getting dressed to go when I got a call from my friend Kim wondering where we were. I actually got miffed about this and said I'd be there in a few minutes - what's the rush. Little did I know they were all waiting on us to throw us a co-ed surprise baby shower. It was great. They got Joshua gifts and even gifts for Michael to use with Joshua. Manly things, like sports stuff and a book for just them. It was awesome. They even decorated one of a kind oneies for Joshua... I will post the pictures of some of them later. (I don't think I have any pictures from this shower)

Second, My mom came in from PA to throw me a shower. She and my sister Kelly. All i have to say is that my mom could give any professional party planner a run for their money. It was so nice, even down to the gifts (chocolate chip banana bread mix in a mason jar) - so cute. There was of course a monkey theme - since that is how we have decorated his room. It was so nice even though only 10 people showed up. It was really nice to be able to get to talk to everyone.
( I have to find pictures from this shower)
Third, Emily Loveall and Becca Spencer, two great friends, threw me a shower at Covenant Theological Seminary's Log Cabin. I got to spend time with some of my favorite ladies who I used to work with at Covenant. It was so nice to have them be part of this shower since so many of them had been praying for Michael and I in getting pregnant. It was so much fun, we even did a survey about me and my pregnancy where I didn't even know the answers to some of the questions. I blame it on prego brain. I always feel so loved by all the ladies of Covenant.
Fourth, my "bonus" mom, Brenda threw me a shower in my hometown of Pinckneyville, IL. The women of her church really know how to throw a party and make a new mom feel loved. They loaded me up with all the essentials! They even made monkeys from diapers and baby socks - amazing and creative.

Fifth, was my most unexpected shower. While I was pregnant, I took a job at a local photography company. They were nice enough to throw me a shower even though I just had started six months prior.
So with all those showers you would have thought that I was ready for Joshua to come. Stuff wise we were set, but I was still scared to pieces. However, by the last shower I was just done with being pregnant. My discomfort finally trumped my fear.

No comments: