Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Joshua's First Christmas

I was so excited for this Christmas since it was our first Christmas as a family. Each year we have alternated between families. Last year we were in Pittsburgh with my mom and this year we would spend Christmas with Michael's mom and family.

My family (mom, both sisters - Christi from LA, Kelly from PA, my dad and stepmom) all came in the week prior to Christmas. It was the first time the entire family was together since my wedding in 2007. It was the first time Christi had met Joshua... it was love at first sight! She flew in at about 11pm and I only let her hold him, even though she wanted to wake him up. Dad and Brenda brought us presents even through we said we weren't exchanging presents this year - due to financial issues for us all. However, everyone brought presents for Joshua. They got me the Rachel Ray cooking set - which I am in love with. They gave Michael a TomTom which he's been playing with ever since. It was so nice to have everyone at our house - it was too short but wonderful to have my whole family together.

Christmas morning we spent just as a family - and in Schindler tradition - we ate cinnamon rolls and had coffee. We went downstairs and opened presents. This year we didn't overdo it. I got Michael a second playstation controller, and a stocking full of candy. My husband LOVES candy. From Joshua I gave a pciture of Joshua's footprints. He gave me two cd's, Dave Matthews Band new one and the new John Mayer's cd. I have been enjoying them ever since. We got Joshua one present - an educational toy from Lamaze. He now has toys all over the house. For Christmas - the grandparents really had fun. He got a bumbo, a exasaucer, books and outfits galore.

After we cleaned up and Joshua had his morning nap - we headed to Michael's mom to spend Christmas with Bonnie, Angie & Mark (Michael's brother and sister-n-law) and their kids, Breckin (7 yrs.) and Samantha (6 months). We enjoyed opening presents and sharing a meal together. Later Michael fixed his mom's new computer and I watched Julie and Julia with my sister in law. It only took us almost 4 hours to watch it since we had to keep attending to the little kids. Here are some pictures from our time there.
Breckin was missing some teeth and wanted new ones for Christmas.

Here are the two newest members of the Schindler clan. They are two months apart and weigh almost the same amount. Sam is a lot longer than Joshua. They were cute together. Joshua talked Sam's ear off and she just beat up on him when she could...lol.
They even coordinated with the red and green. The best part is that Sam did not share her cold with Joshua.
It was overall painless and uneventful which is a lot for those who know my past with my mother in law. I hope everyone out there had a great holiday season and a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: