Wednesday, August 15, 2007

GONE WITH THE WIND... NO I MEAN LAWN

As I have been nesting inside, Michael has been making the outside of our home beautiful. We are only renting but we felt all the changes would benefit us in the long run. We have been dealing with a HUGE bug problem: crickets, SPIDERS, and general bugs. This problem is due to the landscaping around our house. It has been overgrown and out of control and we've finally decided to take into our own hands, or really Michael's hands.

This is our lawn before:

Right next to the house.

Looking towards the backyard

And NOW.....

Michael Killed/dug up all the ivy and mulched it

We even found a brick wall that was covered in ivy, Why would you want to cover this

The wall lined an entire walk way that was so overgrown with trees, debree, and etc that we never used it let alone see it. Michael said the bugs were disgusting and in full force in this area.

And he even found time to wash and clean off the side of the house.
The bottles on the concreate are bug spray that we have put everywhere. I hope it works

Well -I just wanted to brag on my husband and his landscaping abilities... can't wait to see what he does with the front of the house... but we'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tebbano Family said...

Does Michael want to come to NM and landscape our backyard? It needs a lot of TLC and he did a great job with yours! =)

Corinne "soon-to-be-Mather" said...

well, sounds like you've got a pretty awesome hubby...someone's got to kill any of the spiders after all! Miss all of y'all at the 'other' Covenant.

Desiree Michelle said...

Yay pretty yard! good job, michael!! :)

Desiree Michelle said...

ps check out my blog ... i got one.. desireenola.blogspot.com

Mrs. Wallace said...

WOW, I am totally impressed (and aren't you impressed that I'm actually checking out your blog? I put you in my favs so I remember to check it more often!). Michael is totally rocking the yard work!