Saturday, August 04, 2007

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE

How long does it take to combine two lives into one? We have spent the past 2 months merging all our things together. I have a full house of stuff and then adding Michael's things to do that has been ..... OVERWHELMING. We still don't have all his stuff in the house and it already seems like we're running out of space.

Thursday night, a girl from my bible study is moving to KC and donated a twin bed and a leather love seat (double recliner) and so we went to pick them up. I am so grateful. We put the loveseat in Michael's room (aka Man Cave) downstairs. I put the bed in the upstairs bedroom. My hope is that the upstairs bedroom can be a guest bedroom/my office for studying. It is a train wreck right now! I just spent the past 2 1/2 hours trying to clean it. I think it is going to take PITCHING a lot of thing to really clean. I don't even know what's in half the boxes

It seems like I am going to need to go through all those boxes and perge. I still have stuff at my dad's ----I have too much stuff, but living on your own since 18 will allow you to accumulate alot of things. Most people have their childhood home where all their things like awards, cheerleading uniforms, prom dresses, letterman jackets, etc are. I have had to drag that stuff around with me since my mom moved to PA. It was take it or have it trashed. So ... with all that said - if I want to be able to walk though my home and have it clutter free - i am going to have to throw away a LOT of things. One day -we'll be organized.. probably 1 month before we have to move.

No comments: