Friday, February 01, 2008

8 Months of Marriage... and what I've learned so far

I cannot believe that I have been married for 8 months... geeze where does the time go. Well in seriousness and humor here is what I've learned in 8 months of marriage...

1. My love and appreciation for Michael grows every day.
2. I am able to disagree with him without it being a fight
3. He has a real desire to protect me
4. I need to stop getting in the way of him being able to "lead"
5. I look better tan...(looking at honeymoon photos)
6. Silence isn't always bad
7. We will never be on the same sleep cycle. But being tucked into bed isn't just for kids.
8. Even though I am in seminary, I learn a lot about God and His word from my husband's perspective.
9. Grace is needed daily
10. I don't say "I am sorry" or "thank you" enough
11. I don't have to rearrange the dishwasher to my likings after my husband has loaded it. I am learning to be thankful that he loads it.
12. I hate doing laundry even more now...and now I have twice as much
13. I am a lighter sleeper than I though I was.
14. Michael and I both need time with our friends
15. He makes me laugh harder than anyone
16. He makes me feel radiant, when I don't feel so hot.
17. Sacrifice isn't as hard as I thought it was, when I know it will make things better in the long run.
18. I can get by on not shopping every season... I do miss it though
19. God is faithful.
20. I need to listen more than I talk
21. Letting him drive, makes him feel better
22. We have to do things for the better of us, not what other would want.
23. It is nice to have a tall person in the house that can change light bulbs, kill bugs, and reach bowls and dishes out of my reach.
24. I miss having a queen size bed to myself.
25. Michael supports my education and me in ministry.
26. Cooking every night ... has caused me to gain more weight than i ever wanted. (+meds)
27. His hug can calm me down in seconds flat without even a word.
28. He's unfortunately the target of my bad day (sorry honey)
29. Forgiveness is the most important part of a marriage
30. Time and therapy heal all old wounds and allows for new beginnings and keeps us from becoming our parents.
31. I miss him when he's not around

3 comments:

Beth Sinak said...

I've learned a lot of the same things... AMEN SISTER!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're blogging again. Thanks for sharing this list - I can relate to a lot of them!

Mrs. Wallace said...

I am SOO proud of how much you've learned! :-) And I am soooo happy that things are going well. Know that you guys are ALWAYS in my prayers. I miss you!