Thursday, February 21, 2008

So you say there's Global Warming.....

I am hit with laughter at the idea of global warming on a day like to day. This is the worst winter St. Louis has had in years. I have been in the mid-west my entire life and I cannot recall a winter with so much snow, sleet, or ice.

Today I got a text at 7am from Covenant Theological Seminary (my work and school) telling me we were closed due to incremental weather. Therefore, I have not left the house all day. I was not upset by this news since it gave me one more day to recover (which is moving very slowly). There is about, what seems to be from my dining room window view, .25" of solid ice covering my car. The joys of winter. I don't know if you know this about me but I HATE WINTER! If it were up to me we'd live in Arizona or near an ocean somewhere like California.

Benefits for warm weather areas:
1. Depending on where you live, limited humidity - good for this curly girl's hair
2. My body won't ache so much. Cold weather is not good for Fibromyalgia
3. I like sunshine
4. My ideal shoe preference would be flip flops all year round
5. I don't care about seasons. I have memories and that's all I need. Also, isn't that what road trips are for.
6. Digging in the sand is better than digging out your car from a snow/ice storm
7. Did I mention it's good for my hair.... big deal ...very big deal
8. Warm weather does not hold you hostage in your house because it's not safe to go anywhere.
9. I would imagine (not proven), people don't get as sick in warm places. If that's not true, don't tell me - I rather live in my dream world - don't burst my bubble.
10. No dry skin, No cracked lips, and I would have a reason to shave my legs.

OBGYN DOCTOR POST
I did not go to my appointment today. I like my OBGYN office way too much to risk infecting them with my disease. So we've rescheduled for March 21st. One more month....and hopefully I'll be able to breathe by then.
I bet they don't have winters like this in Australia!
(that ones for you Mama Jean)

1 comment:

BKicklighter said...

They do in south Australia :)
Hope you are feeling better.