Saturday, February 02, 2008

Breaking Free

Only in Christ can we have true Freedom. Yet in our humaness we are held captive by our pasts, burdens, and fears. I feel for the first time God is opening my eyes to the victory He is giving me over the scars of my past. I am healing slowly but surely. I have hope for a new and different life, relationships, and being.

"My Chains are gone, I've been set free, My God my Savior has rescued me"
-Chris Tomlin

Chains can be familiar and even though the they are unlocked and we are free, we stay shackled to them because it is the only way we know. I pray that God gives me the strength to remove the bondage that keeps me from feeling true freedom in Christ and becoming who he wants me to be. I pray the same for you.

May my pain be used for His Purposes to further Glorify the name of Christ.

No comments: