Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good Friends are like a Good pair of Jeans... they just fit

This past weekend, we celebrated with a wonderful couple at their wedding - Congrats Tim & Emily (pics to come). But because of this wedding, friends came in from all over. My friend Pam came in from Colorado. She was able to come over Friday night, while Michael was at the Bachelor Party with the guys.

Our time together is never rushed, uncomfortable and between the two of us... there is NEVER a loss for words. That Pammy and I, were talkers. Pam was the first woman at the church who I spoke to about anything real. She says that I prepared her for hardcore youth ministry. As a new believer - I WAS A MESS and brought that mess to Jesus and didn't really know what to do with that. Pam, in all her innocence, but with all her grace and mercy, listened and prayed and has seen God do an amazing transformation in me. All credit to God!

Pam has become that person who I can share so much with from silly stories of how my dress got caught in my pantie hose to what God is teaching us both. I love having a friend like her who gets as excited as I do about what the Lord is teaching her. We just went back and forth with amazement of the God we serve.

Pam's journey has led her to Colorado, where she is doing amazing things in ministry. She is reaching out to kids like me (when I was in high school). I love hearing the faithfulness of God and how He is working through her obedience and the call He's put on her life.

You really never know how much you miss having a friend like this around until they leave. I love you Pammy - You make my life more hopeful and you always point me in the right direction. Thanks

1 comment:

Mrs. Wallace said...

Oh Carin!!! I started crying when I read your blog...which was weird cause I was sitting at my desk at work! ;-) I have been so blessed through my friendship with you. Just getting to sit and talk on your couch was more refreshing and relaxing then a month at a spa! Thank you for your friendship! I love you!!!!