Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wedding anyone?

This month has been the time of not only remembering our wedding (1 year ago) but also going to 3 weddings out of 4 weeks. Our third and final for the month of June is next week.

I have already blogged about Katie and Tom Smyth....what a great wedding. I saw her wedding pictures today... oh my gosh - they are wonderful.

Last weekend was my dear friend, Corinne and Josh. Corinne and I worked together last summer and I don't know if it was our shared love of Sex and the City or her darn-gone cuteness but we became friend and it has been my honor to call her my friend. I had the pleasure of helping her set up for her reception at Covenant Seminary (where her dad is the President - mingling with the important people - lol). I remember the AMAZING crew that saved me on my wedding day and set up. So, I felt it my duty to return the favor. Her wedding was amazing. Totally Corinne - laid back, warm, loving, and fun. She did a great job pulling it all together at the same time finishing college, and student teaching ... did I mention that I think she's superwoman.
Here are some pictures from Corinne's wedding. I hope you guys are having a great time in Colorado... and then ... they "have to" go to Hawaii to celebrate with his family.









Next weekend we have Melynda Adams and Billy Boyce. I am so excited for this wedding. Melynda is one of the most amazing women I know and Billy totally sees that too. Melynda and I work together and I have had a front row seat to see their love blossom from Melynda talking to Billy as a prospective student to hearing the amazing story of how he proposed. I know that God will be honored and glorified by this union, just as the others I have had the honor of attending. Melynda, side note, is the most calm bride to be I have ever witnessed. She is cool as a cucumber. I know that she has surrounded herself with some amazing people to be able to react this way T minus 8 days.... I hope her wedding day is everything that she has dreamed it to be. It promises to be wonderful.
With the blessings of all these weddings though....it is wonderful to see the personality of each bride come out in all the little details of the day. It's been so awesome to see. Michael isn't as thrilled with all these weddings as I am- I love a good love story, I don't care that I have to wear heals and watch my makeup sweat down my face. But I don't think he's died from having to wear a tie, he's avoided having to dance at the last 2 and deep down.... I know he's a big sap too.
Happy Wedding to all the June Brides.... but remember - Preparing for your marriage is more important that being prepared just for your wedding day.

1 comment:

The Lovealls said...

Great pictures, Carin! What are they throwing at Josh and Corinne? Is that seed? Hopefully we will make it to Melynda's wedding. Matt's family will be in town so we may leave the kiddo with him and come. Chat soon!