Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Dress.....

It all started in August when, my mom, sisters: Christi and Kelly, my step-mom - Brenda, my dad, Michael's Mom - Bonnie, my girlfriends Becca, and Jen (Bridesmaid) all went Dress Shoping
Word to the wise: ONLY TAKE 1-3 PEOPLE WITH YOU. Otherwise- too many opinions.

What I thought was going to be the most magical day ever... trying on wedding dresses "every little girl's dream" was one of the worst experiences of my life (that's a bit extreme..but I was ready to elope after this.) Parts of it were fun... like the picture below:

Lunch after dress trying-on at Demetrios. Beautiful dresses all over $1000- Out of my price range.

Again.. dress shopping next to a bunch of early 20 year olds will really make you realize that your body changes A LOT from 21 to 29. And shopping for wedding dresses is only fun if you wear a size 8 or smaller.







My Dad was such a good Sport.... hanging w/ the girls... thanks Daddy.








This is when things got Crazy....

At this point... everyone had their favorites... I still felt like none of them were right (they didn't make me cry).

I had tried on like a million dresses... which is a work out in a half.

Don't you like the "bib" tan line from a Youth fundraiser 10 months prior.... geeze.



The dress did not get found this day but weeks later when I went "just Becca & I"
It was much more relaxed and we both were on a mission. Becca is getting married the week before me and we both loved each other enough not to put each other in our weddings. We went to the first store... HORRIBLE customer service - I put dresses on her and then she helped me... no help from the staff. We LEFT

We finally arrived at Wedding Creations in Washington, MO. Where the minute I walked in, I was drawn to this dress in the display window. But didn't think much about it. I tried on dress after dress w/ no success. I then remember .... "the dress in the window" (I am thinking of that doggie in the window song my papa used to sing to me). Anyway... the sales person brought it to me and I tried it on.....



IT WAS PERFECT -
Becca and I both teared up and I knew it was the "One"!

No comments: