Monday, April 09, 2007

Let us Eat Cake...
So the cake....I HATE ICING - so the idea of a BIG SLAB of cake covered in sugar makes me kind of grossed out. I have a student in my high school ministry that is a talented baker - and so much more. She is making our "Cupcakes".

Cupcakes eliminates the need for cake cutters ... that I would never use again (let's face it there's enough keepsakes from the wedding that could fill an attic- one more thing is not needed) Cupcakes eliminates the need for servers - each person can come up and get their own cupcake... and you don't need plates... it all ADDS UP in the saving side. It's also much easier to store a cupcake for your 1st anniversary than a hunk of cake.
We are building our own cake stand that will look like square cake and then the cupcakes will be on that. All my projects are great and saving me lots of money but they are about to put me in the grave... it will all be worth it when I look back and see that I paid for it all by myself (w/ a little help from my parents) without putting anything on credit!

Plus I am excited about song while we share cake ----"How sweet it is to be loved by you" by My family's favorite person ever ---- James Taylor.

No comments: