Thursday, April 12, 2007


The UNINVITEDs
(those we do not speak of.....)


So.... It is amazing how bold people can be. The closer the wedding gets the more assumptions I am faced with. It's now becoming a daily occurrence that a person asks "When is your wedding?" but the new phenomenon is ....the response of "I can't wait for it." ..... Hmmmmmmm - really?

My confusion is that these are people NOT on the guest list and in no way have I led them to believe they are invited.
I am just blown away by the boldness.... hopefully this will stop after the invitations are sent out... but maybe not. I feel bad but I am bound to 240 people availability at the reception site. NO MORE PEOPLE WILL FIT. The church is small, too. I have already overbooked myself. I have invites going to 300 people... remember only 240 can really come... I hope it all works out. I hate this! It's uncomfortable... but it's like saying to people .... you're not important enough in my life to spend $30 on you.... It's not that..

I would think that most people would not want to come anyway once they realize there will not be any alcohol... NONE. Michael and I have invited people that have invested in us as a couple or in us individually throughout the years (or that we have to because they were on our parents' guestlists).

No comments: