Wednesday, April 11, 2007

How many people are suppose to be on top of the Cake?
"IN-LAWS"

This is such a touchy subject right now for Michael and I. I have not lived at home since I was 18. I moved out to go to Mizzou and never came back. My parents (3 sets of them) have all cut their appron strings long ago. My parents know that I am a busy "woman" and my life leaves very little room for much extracirricular activities - like meeting every whim they may have. My parents have their faults but I think for the most part they see me as an adult (I just don't know as much as they do). I know what your thinking.. Carin if your parents are such a delight and are evolved "What's the Problem????"

Michael came back from college and .... moved back home and NEVER LEFT. In his defense, he was sick, and then recoverying from cancer so he didn't have the opportunity to move out. 8 years later, he's at home, frustrated and ready to leave. Needless to say, Mama Schindler has attachment issues.....She ready to get him out of her house... but I am not sure she's ready to let him go.

Maybe I am hypersentative, I am a VERY independent person. I can't stand people placing unrealistic expectations on me. Or place it on me without my knowledge and then being mad that I fell short. FRUSTRATED!!!!

Another thing, Michael's mom asked Michael what we were doing the morning after we're getting married... ((((((WHAT))))))) - Does she really want to know? Michael and I have kept our purity no secret... we have some catching up to do and maybe just relaxing and getting ready for our honeymoon, which we are leaving on Monday. She told him that she would come up to our house and make dinner or we could go down there... WHAT......I don't want to even see my parents after my wedding. I feel like the picture above ... too many people wants to be on the cake. There is a time for family, but ... From June 2 @ 11:45pm - June 12 @ 8am - FAMILY FREE ZONE. I have a feeling that protecting our maritial boundaries is going to be an ongoing struggle. Pray for me!

No comments: