Tuesday, January 19, 2010

College T's

I was wondering....how long do you keep your old college T-shirts. I have TONS of old college T-shirts from all my time participating in campus activities, sorority functions and even the free T-shirt given by vendors and such. They are OLD. I graduated in 2000 - 10 years ago. And I know how silly I look sporting a shirt with 1996 Mizzou Homecoming, but they are just so darn comfortable.

I do have many that have small holes in them and at one point I was going to make a quilt out of all of them so I could still have the memories but not be able to weart them to the gym. Now I have to admit - I don't wear these shirts out of the house much, they are usually my night shirts. Michael is really lobbying hard for me to get rid of them. I know I should but how do I replenish my T-shirts. I will be getting rid of 80% of my T-shirts when I get rid of all my college shirts. I know that there are grown-up options for gym wear and lounging around the house - but I don't have the money to completely replenish my causual wear to plain T-shirs and printed T's from Old Navy, etc.

So what's a girl to do? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and whether or not you are still holding on to your college memories through your old T-shirts?

2 comments:

April Barber said...

Girl...wear what is comfortable. If they look bad, I don't wear them, but if they look fine and are comfy, I go for it. I don't wear shirts with years printed on them though. You could always just start replacing one a year or something like that. Replace it with another Mizzou shirt not those tacky ones at Old Navy!

Emily Needham said...

I've still got a HUGE box of my tshirts. Not all from college, but concerts and conferences and stuff. Some I've cut to make a quilt out of, others are still folded in the box. Now, I'm quite pleased to have these shirts these days with my belly continually growing, and I'm thankful that I was bigger in college, but they'll go back in the box when I'm not prego anymore. I've seen really cute scarves made out of them, and baby clothes actually! How cute would it be to make Josh a little Mizzou sleeper! I say, keep your absolute favorites that you would cry over if you got rid of them, get rid of the ones that have holes or are stained, and make cute new clothes for Josh out of the others! And just tell Michael to get over it! :o) Love you!