Thursday, January 07, 2010

Miracles do happen -

This past semester was challenging to say the least. I started the semester and after 3 classes, I was a mom. I took one week off of classes - since my mom was with us for 2 weeks, I skipped the Tuesday right after we had Joshua. I even took Joshua with me to class after my mom left. He did really well and slept through the class and then the magic ran out and I had to start taking him to the sitters.

I started the semester with 6 credit hours: OT History and Theology (3 hrs - weekly class), God's world mission - online class (2 hrs), Adult Children of Divorce (1 hr. weekend class). I ended up dropping the online class - because by the time I had Joshua, I was WAY BEHIND! I picked up another 1 hr weekend class. Leaving me at 5 hours.

For those of you who do not know, my old testatment class had roughly 200 pages a week of reading of text and bible. It was insane!!! And then on top of that we had a paper, 2 tests, and a 50 page journal on 25 books of the bible in the old testatment.

During the semester - Michael was gone for a full 3 weeks on business trips. Which made getting homework done a real challenge. I also was looking for employment since my previous employer let me know in my 6th week of maternity leave -they were not having me come back - wonderful! So needless to say, It was a stressful semester.

I took time off from youth group, my bible study, and pretty much everything except being a mom, wife and student. I had braced myself for my first C's in seminary. I really felt great if I was able to get C's with the chaos of the semester.

Today I checked my grades, I couldn't believe my eyes. MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. I got straight A's, 1 - A-, 2 A's . INSANE - I might not being modest... I didn't turn in A work. My professors applied some serious mercy and grace to my grades. I can't even believe it. Thank you for everyone who prayed for me!!! I really appreciate it. It just makes me feel good that I survived.
I am taking the semester off, because last semester really did a number on me, my marriage, and Joshua. I will be returning Fall 2010 and will be graduating (hopefully) May 2011. It is crazy to think that the finish is in sight and is coming soon. I just hope I can get a job after I graduate.

No comments: