Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Taking after his Mama

My mom will appreciate this post. All during my childhood I had a blanket. This was more than a blanket - it was a permanent fixture until I stopped sucking my thumb, which I am ashamed to say didn't happen until age 6 or 7. And so - braces inevitably followed.

I hope that braces aren't in his future but he has definitely found a favorite blanket or lovey. He loves playing with it and it really calms him down in his swing. He takes it and puts it on his face - which is really funny. And today - he finally figured out how to suck his thumb - but thank goodness - it didn't last long and he was bored with it. I have been trying to have him avoid the thumb sucking since I know how hard it is to beat the habit...lol.

Thank you Nina for my favorite blanket. She bought it for him before we even knew he was a he. Mother's intuition I guess.

Be careful all St. Louisians - it's getting ugly out there with the snow.

No comments: