Friday, January 22, 2010

Umbrellas given during the storms of life

A year ago today, my life changed in a way I had not imagined. It began some of the hardest days of my life. I was 5 weeks pregnant and lost my job at a place I adored and felt like I spent time with family each day. Prior to losing my job, I had met with my pastor about my uncertainity at my job since I was being met with about my performance - which before that I felt like I was doing well and it was reinforced by my direct supervisor. Anyways.....My pastor gave me a book "A Tale of Three Kings: A studying in brokenness" by Gene Edwards. I now understand why he gave it to me and I wish I would have read it a year ago. I didn't get around to it due to school, trying to find a job, finding a HORRIBLE job and surviving it. This book is an easy read! I truly appreciated what it taught me and how I was given an umbrella for the storms now and to come. I recommend this book to anyone who really wants to grow in the Lord. The back cover describes this book as a study in brokenness, submission and authority.
I hope you will check it out!

1 comment:

KatieSmyth said...

Looks like a good read:) Thanks for the suggestion.