Monday, June 25, 2007

Coming Together......
I moved into “our” house in January 2007. I have been living here but not completely “moved in” for six months. Michael and I decided not to truly decorate until he moved in so that the house would feel like “ours” and not him moving into my house. So … as of right now – we DO NOT have Michael moved in except for his games, movies and, oh yeah, his clothes. Everything … piles and piles of things are still at his mom’s.

This weekend – I was determined to make headway on the house. I need order…even though I am typically a messy person. In the past 2 weeks since returning from our honeymoon, I have completed 13 loads of laundry. I HATE LAUNDRY!!!

All this laundry had to go somewhere… so Michael and I rebuilt 2 closets in the house: His closet downstairs and one of mine upstairs. I know I have two closets – stop judging me… I do actually wear all those clothes (need I remind you… 13 loads of laundry).

More headway – I set up our bathroom and unpacked all Michael’s stuff out of his overnight bag into the bathroom. He is no longer a house guest but living there as far as the bathroom is concerned. I also added some special touches, like adding the shelf and hiding the clutter in nice wicker baskets.


I also have been over the past week been buying things for our bedroom. Michael even went shopping with me and helped me pick up a Duvet cover, shams and decorative pillows after giving him a dissertation on “Why we need these things for a bed?” I never realized how men thought about these things… or should I say, how Michael thinks. He was comical – “A sham is a cover that goes over a pillow case, a cover for a cover…. That doesn’t make sense???” It’s a learning process for both of us. I moved around the bedroom and finally have presentable bedding (even though our bed is a mattress on the floor). We are getting a bed frame soon. Here are some pictures of our new bedding.
........
As the wedding money is coming to an end, Michael and I decided that what we really wanted was some patio furniture. After shopping around for a few weeks, we found a great deal at Garden Ridge. Michael, being the handyman that he is, set it up this weekend. He was so proud.
........
It is nice making the house a HOME! The thing it does require is patience. I want to finish it now, but the provision is not there for instant gratification. So we have to be willing to wait. But one thing is for sure, it’s more of a home with Michael there!

No comments: