Thursday, September 06, 2007

IT IS FINISHED ...PHASE 2 COMPLETE!

As most of you know -once I start a project it cannot get done fast enough. So having books and the contents of our bedroom downstairs all over our house was about to drive me crazy. Who knew so much could fit in one room. Well this weekend gave me just enough time to complete my final project for the room - custom shelving. With such a small room, we had to be careful to utilize the space wisely, in doing so I came up with the plan to make floor to ceiling shelving on one wall. I started them on Saturday morning while Michael was out caving w/ our friends. I went to Home Depot (1 of 4 trips in one day-ugh) got all my supplies, had the wood cut and went home to execute my plan. We only finished half of it before my sanity was complete gone and then finished (w/ a LOT of Help from Michael) on Monday.

Here's the final results of the den/Michael's Man Cave:

I painted the shelf to the right black to match the rest of the furniture in that area.

These are the Shelves....Floor to ceiling wonderfulness. I couldn't be happier w/ them. All the books fit plus... we actually have enough room for everything. YEAH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! Great job!

Katie said...

Way to go CARIN! They look great!

Corinne "soon-to-be-Mather" said...

wow y'all! It looks incredible! Oh, and on a different note, Carin, you know all those times we talked about God's timing...hmmm.