Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A WEEKEND of NECESSARY DISTRACTION

The weekend before last, Michael and I, our friends Angie & Brad all went to Southern Illinois to visit Andy Fleck before his final voyage to St. Louis. Andy's parents live on Lake of Egypt which is a beautiful lake near Carbondale, IL.

The weekend was exactly what I needed. It is amazing that just getting out of the house can give you enough distance from all the things you need to do when you get back. It was also great to recharge before the hardest work week I have ever experienced here (mentally & physically).

Friday night we left after work and drove through the monsoon to get there. It was a scary ride being that 2 of my 4 tires didn't almost make it down there. They had to be replaced on Sunday before going home. Saturday was spent out on the lake, talking w/ friends, visiting a local winery (I am finding I am a wine snob) and going out to eat later. We played the game "Loaded Questions." It was a great game for us to see how much we know about each other and to learn more. This game made the weekend for me. And how the laughter abounded. We probably kept the neighbors up. Overall it was relaxing - enjoyable - fun! Here's some pics from our weekend!

Michael and Sofie (Andy's Parent's Dog) Two Wild and Crazy Girls (Angie & I) The Cutest Couple ever... The Scenery - There was a wedding that day ... Angie ... slow down (LOL)
Isn't he Cute...

Hi Brad - Say Sangria... Andy... too many times watching Zoolander


No comments: