Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Burning the Candle at Both Ends....
Today…. I have hit a new level of stress. Over the past week, I have been coming into work every day around 7:30am and working 9 hours w/ no lunch hour away from my desk so that I have enough time to go to one of my best friend’s wedding. She is getting married on Friday. Which means – I have to take off early Thursday for the rehearsal dinner and Friday for the wedding. I also have been doing my own errands for my wedding all week. So let me break this down for you…..
Wake up 6:00 – 6:15am
Work at 7:00 - 7:30am until 4:30-5pm
Errands….all over town
Home around 10:30pm
Bed around 11 (not falling asleep until 12am)
Oh... did I mention I don't do well with little sleep - just ask Michael or my mom.
I am burning the candle at both ends…… I am so tired today… all I can do is cry. I am like a zombie… the walking dead. With STRESS, LACK OF SLEEP, AND EMOTIONAL EXAHUSTION, I don’t think I have anything left in me.

Can this just be over with…..? I am in need of Mexico… and most of all SLEEP. They need to invent Bridal Clones; when you reach one month before the wedding they do things like remind you to brush your teeth, buy groceries, remind you of birthdays and have you sign the card you forgot to buy, can run errands for you while you are trying to earn a living that just will not stretch far enough, and will rub your back until you fall asleep and tell you how you will look beautiful regardless on your wedding day. Then ...after the rehearsal dinner they evaporate into thin air. Kind of like a Fairy God Mother but can look like you so they can sign all the paperwork and try things on for you when you desperately need to go shopping for your honeymoon……

Back to reality…. No bridal clones exist… and I am left to fend for myself… and I have to admit … I am not doing so good.
Don't people say this is the happiest time of your life.... maybe I am doing something wrong. I just don't see it.

1 comment:

Bobbi Brinkman Photography said...

Hey Sweetie! You know that you are one of our MOST FAVORITEST BRIDES IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!! Take care of yourself. Remember that it will all get done, the wedding will happen on time and it will be smashing! ENJOY the trip=== and delegate your tasks. Most of all, don't let Michael hear that all you can think about is sleep!!!!! Sending you hugs and prayers and many blessings!!!!!