Sunday, May 27, 2007

It's all Happening....




I can't believe I am 5 days away from my wedding day.
My family (mom & sister) came in town today... and yet
I feel so overwhelmed and ill-prepared. I just feel like I am
forgetting something. I guess what really matters is that I
have my dress - and a marriage licenses and Michael shows
up. I feel like all this planning is looked down upon by others.
They see my stress as self inflicted and see my worry as me
not trusting God. But isn't God in the details, toow?I know it's
silly to cry over one detail getting down, but I have been
invisioning this day since I was 6 wearing my first communion
gown and veil around the house with weedsfrom the backyard
as my flowers.
I know it will go as God intends but I am stressed, running
out of money and I have so much to do. I am looking forward
to getting to that moment before they open the doors, kissing my
father and waiting with giddy expecation to see Michael at the
other end of the aisle. And then... our eyes meet as the doors open
and watch out... the flood gates will open. My dad and I are both
crazy crybabies. Oh well.
I think it's crazy to know that I will never be single again, after
June 2, 2007 at about 7:35pm. I am also freaking out about
changing my name. Now understand.... I don't care for "Philpott"
but it's just weird being someone for 30 years and then changing
so much about yourself in such a short amount of time.
Well - pray for me this week if you get a chance.... pick a topic
any topic... and pray... I love you all and can't wait to see you on
"Our" special day.

2 comments:

jmartin said...

HOLY COW!!! Little Carin's gettin' hitched!! Bettcha just can't guess who??? Put it this way...without your mom, I wouldn't have met my super duper husband, and been married for 13 years!! Yep, 13 years- and 2 kids later! Where did the time go. Just yesterday I was babysitting for the Philpott girls. So the fact that your getting married is killing me!! I'm so stinkin' old!! Anyway- best wishes for the next week- I will say many special prayers that you make it through this week! Enjoy it, because it is a once in a lifetime thing!!
Love ya, and I'm glad I found ya!!

Jodi Martin :0)

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited for you! I am excited to see you in your dress, I am excited to see you get married and I am excited for you to have Michael as your husband! Yea for June 2nd!