Friday, May 04, 2007

The Music Must still go on.....
As some of you know... my guitar player has bailed on me with 28 days to go to my wedding. I am trying to matter that at the end of the day I will be married..... but it's still disappointing. I keep telling myself that it is more about the message that will go forth from that place that could change lives more than the music. But I am left with a brat-like feeling of "I DON'T WANNA!!" when it comes to the suggestion of playing a CD. It's just not what i had envisioned when I heard, saw and thought of me walking down the isle to Canon in D on acoustic guitar. You don't get that mellow, chill, and classic feel when you stick in a CD. I am praying that God will lead me to someone that can help .... for a minimal cost. I am going to have to give up something in order to get them.... I just don't know how much yet. I have called Webster University Music department and Missouri Baptist University for their students. But I have not received a call back. I would be lying if I said I am not nervous. But God has told me over and over through chapel at school, through reading His word and through friends he uses in my life to remind me that worrying will not bring a solution but peace comes from the Lord. And our Lord gives good gifts to those who love him because he cares for us. I have to put my certainity in God and his faithfullness to me, and He is a Good God who loves me.

No comments: